- UUP/IDA Awards 2023-2024New York State/United University Professions Joint Labor-Management Committee Individual Development Awards (IDA) IDA awards are one way in which full or part-time employees can support their professional development/activities. Any member of the bargaining unit (faculty and professional employees) can apply. As per the guidelines provided by the UUP IDA Joint Labor-Management Committee website, proposed projects/activities,… Read more: UUP/IDA Awards 2023-2024
- Vote “Yes” on Proposition 1Proposition 1 is a proposed change to the state’s constitution that would correct a decades-old unjust flaw in our laws and FINALLY give small city school districts across New York state the same opportunities as their rural and suburban counterparts. Right now, the more than 200,000 students that attend schools in small city districts —… Read more: Vote “Yes” on Proposition 1
- Race and the Economy TrainingOn October 26, 2023, the Capital District Area Labor Federation will hold a training on Race and the Economy. We will be discussing how race and wealth have been inextricably linked throughout the history of our Nation. We will cover ways that the union movement can act with community allies to create an economy that… Read more: Race and the Economy Training
- Expand Your Microsoft Office Knowledge With FREE Online LearningThe Empire KnowledgeBank (EKB) has over 10,000 resources, including books, audiobooks, courses, and videos. Microsoft Office topics available through EKB include: To apply for an EKB license: EKB License Guidelines (ny.gov) and EKB License Application (ny.gov) For more information, download the flyer.
- 2023-26 State/UUP Agreement – Effective Dates and Implementation DatesA letter from UUP President Fred Kowal: As we continue to work with the State and SUNY on implementation of the new terms of the 2023-26 State/UUP Agreement, I write to update you on the current information we have regarding implementation dates. Attached to this message, you will find a summary of the new provisions… Read more: 2023-26 State/UUP Agreement – Effective Dates and Implementation Dates