Memorandum of Agreement
This Agreement is made and entered into as of April ____, 2018, by and between The State University of New York, University at Buffalo and United University Professions, hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Parties”, represented by the undersigned.
WHEREAS, The State University of New York, University at Buffalo (hereinafter referred to as “the “University”) is part of the State University of New York and is a public employer within the State of New York; and
WHEREAS, United University Professions (“UUP”) is a labor organization, duly certified as the exclusive bargaining representative for certain employees at the University and commonly referred to as the Professional Services Negotiating Unit or the “PSNU”; and
WHEREAS, the University and UUP are each covered by a collective bargaining agreement between the State of New York and United University Professions, which sets certain terms and conditions on employee parking; and
WHEREAS, the University and UUP are party to a December 7, 2017 Memorandum of Agreement (“MOA”), which sets certain terms and conditions on employee parking at and around several University facilities in Buffalo, New York; and
WHEREAS, the parties wish to addend and amend the MOA to delete, supplement and otherwise modify its terms and conditions as stated herein; and
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the above-stated premises, the Parties hereby agree to be bound as follows:
- The MOA contains an “Appendix A”, which details certain parking facilities that are made available to covered UUP employees. The Appendix A remains part of the MOA, subject to the revisions stated herein.
- The Appendix A lists “Gallagher Ramp” and “Ellicott-Dodge lot” as available parking facilities for covered UUP employees. Appendix A further lists the monthly costs of the Gallagher Ramp and Ellicott-Dodge lot as $57 and $75, respectively. Appendix A also states that shuttle service is available between the Gallagher Ramp and the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus (“BNMC”).
- Reference of the Gallagher Ramp, the monthly cost, thereof, and shuttle service, thereto, are hereby deleted. Effective May 1, 2018, the Gallagher Ramp will not be available to UUP covered employees, per the MOA, and the University and/or the BNMC may unilaterally cease to provide shuttle service between the Gallagher Ramp and the BNMC.
- The Ellicott-Dodge lot shall remain an available parking facility for UUP covered employees (it is also open to the general public), however the monthly cost is herebyreduced from $75 to $57. Parking spaces will be made available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The above-referenced modifications shall be noted in “APPENDIX A – REVISED”, attached hereto.
- “APPENDIX A – REVISED” shall be deemed a part of the MOA and shall replace “APPENDIX A”.
- All other terms and conditions included in the MOA remain in full force and effect, except as modified hereby.