United University Professions (UUP), a state-wide local of New York State United Teachers (NYSUT), is the bargaining unit for faculty and professional staff members employed by the State University of New York (SUNY) at all of its campuses and health sciences centers.
Your union not only negotiates the employment contract, but it also studies and recommends improvements to working life, attempts to correct problems, address injustices, and assure that all members receive their guaranteed rights and due process. This is accomplished through political activism, campus programs, and the many benefits available to members.
- Anticipated DSI/Compression Award NoticesDear Colleagues, It is anticipated that Award Letters for DSI/Compression will go out on December 19th. The pay date for those receiving DSI and/or Compression will be January 4th. In Solidarity, Ken KernChapter PresidentUUP Buffalo Center
- UUP Opens 2023 Scholarship Application ProcessDear Colleagues, SUNY students are invited to apply for annual scholarships of $3,000 offered by United University Professions, the union that represents academic and professional faculty at the State University of New York. The scholarship application deadline is March 1, 2023. Applications are on UUP’s website, at uupinfo.org/awards. The UUP College […]
- Chapter Election ScheduleDear Colleagues, Your UUP Buffalo Center Chapter has received the tentative schedule for Chapter Elections to be held during the Spring of 2023. In addition to the 8 Officer positions to be voted on, this is also your opportunity to run for and be elected as a Chapter Board member […]
- New Hire Happy HourDear Colleagues, The UUP Buffalo Center Chapter would like to invite any new university UUP associated employee from the past semester to a New Hire Happy Hour scheduled for: Wednesday, December 7th4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.UUP Buffalo Center Chapter OfficerThe Commons – Suite 108 This invitation is open to all […]
- Reminder-VOYA Workshop: A Do-It Now Action Plan To Get Your Financial Life Back On Track –Dear Colleagues, Please see the following opportunity from VOYA: A Do-It Now Action Plan To Get Your Financial Life Back On Track – Thursday, December 1st – 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Chapter Office (UB Commons, Suite 108)Lunch will be provided RSVP to Molly Pecoraro at: Molly@TeamIFS.com or 716-626-3928 Isn’t it time to re-examine […]