United University Professions (UUP), a state-wide local of New York State United Teachers (NYSUT), is the bargaining unit for faculty and professional staff members employed by the State University of New York (SUNY) at all of its campuses and health sciences centers.
Your union not only negotiates the employment contract, but it also studies and recommends improvements to working life, attempts to correct problems, address injustices, and assure that all members receive their guaranteed rights and due process. This is accomplished through political activism, campus programs, and the many benefits available to members.
- SUNY Fall Semester PlanningDear Colleagues, The Buffalo Center recently received a copy of a memo from SUNY Chancellor Jim Malatras regarding SUNY plans for the 2021 Fall Semester. It can found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zx01vhb8sJtk9iRsBTAbJNTZaT9xiWdC/view?usp=sharing Your Buffalo Center Chapter of UUP, along with UUP Central; will continue to monitor for details as they develop. In Solidarity, Ken KernChapter PresidentUUP […]
- VOYA Workshop – The Building Blocks of Our Financial LivesDear Colleagues, Please see the following opportunity from VOYA: The Building Blocks of Our Financial Lives – Tuesday April 27th 9:00 am or Wednesday April 28th at 1:00 pm Please email Molly@TeamIFS.com to register and get your ZOOM ID Learn about & try the software program “MyBlocks” by Envestnet MoneyGuide. A program that will finally […]
- General Membership Meeting AnnouncementDear Colleagues, Your UUP Buffalo Center Chapter will be hosting a General Membership Meeting utilizing the Zoom platform. This meeting is scheduled for Friday, April 23rd from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.Please RSVP your attendance to the following link, for membership verification, and to receive your meeting invitation (which will include the details on how to join the meeting). Register here: https://forms.gle/58ovvMPeevAyhQTBA We […]
- 2020 Pay Raise UpdateDear Colleagues, Please see the following from Statewide President, Mr. Fred Kowal regarding an update on the 2% salary increases: Colleagues, I wanted to pass along information about our delayed 2020 pay raises, but thought it to be appropriate to wait until we had more definitive information. Several days ago, the […]
- Reminder: Workshop #3/3: Performance Management in the COVID EraDear Colleagues, This is a reminder that the Buffalo Center Chapter will be having the final in our series of workshops for the Spring 2021 semester next week: Topic: Performance Management in the COVID EraPresenters: Tara Singer-Blumberg, NYSUT Labor Relations Specialist and UUP Buffalo Center Vice President for Professionals, Kathleen KielarDate: Wednesday, April 14th, 2021Time: Noon […]