United University Professions (UUP), a state-wide local of New York State United Teachers (NYSUT), is the bargaining unit for faculty and professional staff members employed by the State University of New York (SUNY) at all of its campuses and health sciences centers.
Your union not only negotiates the employment contract, but it also studies and recommends improvements to working life, attempts to correct problems, address injustices, and assure that all members receive their guaranteed rights and due process. This is accomplished through political activism, campus programs, and the many benefits available to members.
- NYSUT Student Debt ClinicsDear Colleagues, This is a friendly reminder that NYSUT is continuing to offer Student Debt Clinics to our members. Below are the clinics that are currently open for registration: Tuesday, February 9, 4:30 – 6:00 p.m.Thursday, February 25, 6:00-7:30 p.m.Tuesday, March 9, 4:30 – 6:00 p.m.Thursday, March 18, 6:00 – […]
- UUP 2021 State and Federal Legislative AgendasDear Colleagues, As part of the most recent Delegate Assembly, the following State and Federal Legislative Agendas were released. Please find attached UUP’s 2021 State and Federal Legislative Agenda documents. We hope you will join us in advocating for the future of our campuses, our communities, and our state. If […]
- New UUP/NYS Benefit – NYS/UUP Certification and Licensure Exam Fee Reimbursement (NYS/UUP CLEFR) ProgramDear Colleagues, Please see the attached flyer announcing the introduction of the new UUP/NYS Benefit: NYS/UUP Certification and Licensure Exam Fee Reimbursement (NYS/UUP CLEFR) Program o Reimbursement for job-related and career related exam fees for first time certification, licensure, or designation. o Maximum reimbursement is $1,000 per program year. o First program year will cover […]
- VOYA Workshop – Lessons From the GameDear Colleagues, Please see the following opportunity from VOYA: Friday February 5th 12:00 – Lessons from The Game: A do-it now Game Plan to get your Financial Life back on track. Please email Molly@TeamIFS.com to register and get your ZOOM ID Are You Neglecting The Offensive, Defense & Special Teams of Your Financial Life, […]
- Reminder: UUP Individual Development Awards – Deadline January 25thGreetings, The Governor’s Office of Employee Relations (GOER) and United University Professions (UUP) are pleased to announce the availability of the Individual Development Awards (IDA) provided for and funded under the UUP 2016-2022 Agreement. The purpose of the awards program is to assist eligible full-time and part-time employees in developing their full professional […]