United University Professions (UUP), a state-wide local of New York State United Teachers (NYSUT), is the bargaining unit for faculty and professional staff members employed by the State University of New York (SUNY) at all of its campuses and health sciences centers.
Your union not only negotiates the employment contract, but it also studies and recommends improvements to working life, attempts to correct problems, address injustices, and assure that all members receive their guaranteed rights and due process. This is accomplished through political activism, campus programs, and the many benefits available to members.
- UUP Individual Development AwardsDear Colleagues, The Governor’s Office of Employee Relations (GOER) and United University Professions (UUP) has announced the availability of the Individual Development Awards (IDA) funding available under the UUP 2016-2022 Agreement. The purpose of the awards program is to assist eligible full-time and part-time employees in developing their full professional potential with an emphasis on […]
- Cleaning Satisfaction SurveyDear Colleagues, Members of your UUP Buffalo Center Health and Safety Committee have developed a satisfaction survey regarding the level of cleaning being done at the university, particularly since the CDC has not withdrawn its guidance on cleaning. This survey provides a great opportunity for members to express their feelings […]
- Contract Negotiations Update – Specific University ConcernsDear Members, As UUP gears up to ready itself to negotiate our next contract, we have been charged by the UUP Central Contract Committee with prioritizing needs that our specific campus has. We have been given specific instructions to set aside: 1) Across the Board raises that account for rising […]
- Support of GSEUDear Colleagues, As part of your Chapter Board Meeting this week, members of the Board approved support of a petition being generated by our colleagues of the Graduate Student Employee Union (GSEU). Members are encouraged to see the following from UB GSEU Chief Steward, Joseph Sechrist, and participate in signing […]
- Goldsmiths ResolutionDear Colleagues, Thanks to the efforts of members of the UUP Buffalo Center Chapter, the Chapter officers and Board Members were made aware of issues involving the Goldsmiths University and College Union (GUCU) in a dispute of international significance on an issue that impacts all of higher education. The Buffalo Center […]