United University Professions (UUP), a state-wide local of New York State United Teachers (NYSUT), is the bargaining unit for faculty and professional staff members employed by the State University of New York (SUNY) at all of its campuses and health sciences centers.
Your union not only negotiates the employment contract, but it also studies and recommends improvements to working life, attempts to correct problems, address injustices, and assure that all members receive their guaranteed rights and due process. This is accomplished through political activism, campus programs, and the many benefits available to members.
- Supervisor Notification on COVID ConcernsAs often stated throughout our various Chapter Meetings, communication with your immediate Supervisor should always be the very first step in establishing work related issues and concerns, in hopes of mutual agreements regarding work load and performance. This is often traditionally done through the one on one meetings you have […]
- Survey Reminder – Final DayColleagues, If you have not yet done so, today is your final opportunity to complete the Buffalo Center Chapter’s survey regarding your individual concerns about the campus reopening. This survey takes about 10-12 minutes to complete. Here is the link to the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/UUPBuffaloReopen In Solidarity, Ken KernPresident, Buffalo Center Chapter UUP520 Lee EntranceUB Commons, […]
- Webinar for Librarians and Library ProfessionalsColleagues, Please see the following from your statewide Secretary/Treasurer Jeri O’Brien-Losee regarding a statewide UUP webinar for Librarians and Library Professionals: Dear Librarians and Library Professionals, UUP invites you to attend a webinar to discuss campus library issues pertaining to campus reopening in the COVID-19 context. The webinar will take place on […]
- Virtual Town Halls: Monica Wallace & Patrick BurkeColleagues, UUP is hosting two Virtual Town Halls: 1. Assemblywoman Monica Wallace on Thursday, July 9, 2020 from 3:00M – 4:00PM. 2. Assemblyman Patrick Burke on Monday, July 13, 2020 from 6:00PM – 7:00PM. Members will be able to gain insight on the current situation, and ask questions regarding funding for New York, […]
- Survey ReminderDear Colleagues, Just a reminder that if you have not done so yet, please take the Buffalo Center Chapter’s survey regarding your individual concerns about the campus reopening. The deadline for completing the survey is this Friday, July 3rd. This survey takes about 10-12 minutes to complete. Here is the link to the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/UUPBuffaloReopen In Solidarity, […]