United University Professions (UUP), a state-wide local of New York State United Teachers (NYSUT), is the bargaining unit for faculty and professional staff members employed by the State University of New York (SUNY) at all of its campuses and health sciences centers.
Your union not only negotiates the employment contract, but it also studies and recommends improvements to working life, attempts to correct problems, address injustices, and assure that all members receive their guaranteed rights and due process. This is accomplished through political activism, campus programs, and the many benefits available to members.
- Call for Donated TimeDear Colleagues, We have a member in need of donated time. If you are able to donate vacation days, please do so by visiting the following link: https://www.buffalo.edu/content/www/administrative-services/forms-catalog/forms-pw/vacation-leave-donation-request.html Please note* The intended recipient information can be left blank. Thank you. In Solidarity, Ken Kern Chapter PresidentUUP Buffalo Center
- Retroactive Salary OverpaymentDear Colleagues, The Office of the State Comptroller Payroll Services has made a payroll processing error effecting approximately 21,000 UUP represented employees. These individuals received small overpayments in their August 4 paychecks. Below is the (somewhat edited) written explanation UUP has now received from OSC explaining what happen and how […]
- Reminder Tomorrow: Buffalo Center “Gets The Ball Rolling”Dear Colleagues, Are you on the north campus, and need a break from work during the summer? Want to get outside and enjoy the weather? UUP Buffalo Center members may hang out with fellow colleagues for some fun and games, as we will meet in the field near the Boat Dock (between the Center for the […]
- 9/21: Save the Date – UUP Buffalo Center Welcome Back MeetingSAVE THE DATE UUP Buffalo Center ChapterWelcome Back Meeting(with your UUP Statewide Officers) Tuesday, September 21st, 202111:30 am – 1:30 pmStudent Union Theater Agenda to follow
- UUP Statement on SUNY Telecommuting PolicyDear Colleagues, As you might expect, between the vaccination discussions going on with SUNY and the incredible report issued by the Attorney General, it’s been a crazy day. However, I wanted to get this information out to you — as late as it may be. After very hectic negotiations, I […]