The UUP Buffalo Center Chapter will be holding a Meeting for Academic Members (full time, contingents, and adjuncts) via Zoom on Tuesday, December 6th at Noon
The purpose of this meeting is to have open discussions on a variety of Academic Concerns involving, but not limited to:
- Departmental Restructuring
- Workload Overload specific to Academic Expectations – Teaching/Research/Service (Annual Reports, Performance Reviews, and Documentation of Instructional Responsibilities)
- Intellectual Property – How to Protect Yours
- PACOR (President’s Advisory Council on Race) Recommendations
- Issues of Special Concern to Contingent Faculty – non-tenure-track clinical faculty and the vagueness of the criteria for their evaluation, promotion, and contract renewal.
- Cancelling of Courses – What To Do and How To Avoid
- Instructional Technology – Integrating from UBlearns to the new LMS (Learning Management System) Brightspace. Shifting student email accounts from Google to Microsoft, which has required adjustments in the web-based technologies used in the classroom.
- What Guidelines Can We Recommend to Department Chairs to best accommodate the workload for adjunct faculty
In addition to having Matt Kibler (Chapter Labor Relations Specialist) present other guests expected to attend include UUP Statewide Vice President for Academics, Alissa Karl, and Faculty Staff Senate President, Fred Stoss
Please RSVP to: https://forms.gle/eeeef5itPkLrdESB7 , no later than Friday, December 2nd; and be sure to include your question/topic of concern.
UUP Buffalo Center