United University Professions (UUP), a state-wide local of New York State United Teachers (NYSUT), is the bargaining unit for faculty and professional staff members employed by the State University of New York (SUNY) at all of its campuses and health sciences centers.
Your union not only negotiates the employment contract, but it also studies and recommends improvements to working life, attempts to correct problems, address injustices, and assure that all members receive their guaranteed rights and due process. This is accomplished through political activism, campus programs, and the many benefits available to members.
- Academic Workload Survey UpdateDear Faculty: We are writing to follow-up about our brief workload survey that we sent out in the Spring of this year. Thanks very much to those who took the time to respond. In this email we’d like to report back about some of the responses we received, explain how […]
- Distinguished Academy Webinar InvitationDear Colleagues, On behalf of the SUNY Distinguished Academy Board, you are invited to the Distinguished Academy Webinar scheduled for Friday, October 29, 2021 from 2:00-4:30 p.m.. The topic will beSustainability of Energy Resources. Register Today Find Out More In Solidarity, Ken KernChapter PresidentUUP Buffalo Center
- UUP Workshop – The Taylor LawDear Colleagues, As we begin preparations for negotiations into our next contract, it is important to identify what issues/concerns are addressed under the NYS Taylor Law, and how they relate to these negotiations. The Public Employees’ Fair Employment Act, commonly known as the Taylor Law, is a labor relations statute […]
- SOLIDARITY ACTIONS SUPPORT NEEDEDDear colleagues, In addition to a request to provide support to our fellow union colleagues at CWA, your Buffalo Center Chapter has been asked to support labor actions with 2 other labor units. These are support for Starbucks workers and the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE). Information on how […]
- Reminder: CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS – Chapter Town Hall MeetingJust a friendly reminder, there is still time to register. Dear Colleagues We are pleased to announce that a virtual Negotiations Townhall meeting for the Buffalo Center Chapter has been scheduled for Friday, October 8th at 12:00 Noon. The Negotiations Townhall meeting will be led by UUP Chief Negotiator Bret Benjamin and Counsel to the UUP […]