United University Professions (UUP), a state-wide local of New York State United Teachers (NYSUT), is the bargaining unit for faculty and professional staff members employed by the State University of New York (SUNY) at all of its campuses and health sciences centers.
Your union not only negotiates the employment contract, but it also studies and recommends improvements to working life, attempts to correct problems, address injustices, and assure that all members receive their guaranteed rights and due process. This is accomplished through political activism, campus programs, and the many benefits available to members.
- Domenic Licata Appointed to Help Lead Statewide Membership CommitteeDear Colleagues, It is with great pride to announce that our very own Buffalo Center Chapter Membership Development Officer, Domenic Licata; has recently been appointed by the UUP Statewide Executive Board to be the new Vice-Chair of UUP’s Statewide Membership Committee. Domenic’s tireless efforts on improving the methods and processes for reaching out to both existing […]
- Delayed Pay Raises UpdatePlease see the following information from statewide President, Mr. Fred Kowal: Colleagues, As promised, I am sharing the information we received late yesterday from the Office of the State Comptroller regarding our long-delayed negotiated 2020 salary increases, and those raises we are due for this year. The dates we will receive the money we […]
- UUP Benefits 101- May 26 (12 pm & 6 pm)Dear Colleagues, Please join the UUP Benefits Department on May 26 at 12 pm or at 6 pm for a special Benefits 101 Webinar. During the webinar, UUP’s Director of Member Benefits Doreen Bango will share tips for maximizing your benefits. To acknowledge your hard work and dedication, there will be many […]
- UUP Higher Education RoundtableDear Colleagues, There is still time for you to sign up for the May 20th UUP Education Roundtable, the third in a series of Virtual Roundtables supporting UUP’s HEALS Legislative Agenda. This event will focus on education policy with leading UUP experts, policymakers, and elected officials. Learn about the UUP Higher Education […]
- May 17th Virtual Office HourColleagues, Be advised that the virtual office hour for Monday, May 17th will be CANCELLED. In Solidarity, Ken KernChapter PresidentUUP Buffalo Center