Below you will find an outline of when our negotiated increases will be paid out and some preliminary information on benefits. We will provide updates and answer questions as things unfold.
Wes Kennison, President
Geneseo Chapter, UUP
Eligible employees will receive the base salary increases, retroactive cash, and lump sum payments/awards provided in the new 2016-2022 Agreement in the following paychecks:
October 31 paycheck:
$600 lump sum payment (prorated for part-time employees)
- Payable to employees on payroll June 30, 2017 and October 17, 2018
- Part-time employees on payroll April 30, 2017 also eligible
November 28 paycheck:
2016 2% increase to base salary
- Payable to employees on payroll as of June 30, 2016 and September 5, 2018
- Employees not on payroll on June 30, 2016 who worked in the preceding and following academic years also eligible
2017 2% increase to base salary
- Payable to employees on payroll as of June 30, 2017 and September 5, 2018
- Employees not on payroll on June 30, 2017 who worked in the preceding and following academic years also eligible
50% of retroactive cash for back pay from the 2016 and 2017 increases
- Remaining 50% of retro will be paid in the first paycheck in July 2019
December 12 paycheck:
2018 2% increase to base salary
- Payable to employees on payroll as of June 30, 2018 and September 5, 2018
- Employees not on payroll on June 30, 2018 who worked in the preceding and following academic years also eligible
100% of retroactive cash for back pay from the 2018 increase
December 26 paycheck:
2018 Discretionary Salary Awards (lump sum awards) are not added to base salary, and are paid at the discretion of the campus president.*
*Future discretionary awards will be on-base, per the terms of the agreement.
Total campus money for DSA equal to 1% of the UUP payroll UUP continues to work with the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations and SUNY to ensure that information about new contract provisions will be made available to our members as implementation details are finalized. Please stay tuned for more information.
The following is an update on implementation of various benefits provided to UUP-represented employees in the new 2016-2022 State/UUP Agreement:
2018 Dependent Care Advantage Account (DCAA) Employer Contributions:
- Employees currently enrolled in DCAA should now have the 2018 employer contribution in their accounts and have received related adjustments in their October 3 paycheck.
- Employees not currently enrolled who have a qualifying change in status may still enroll for 2018 and receive the employer contribution as long as they do so before November 5.
- Additional information regarding DCAA and enrollment based on a qualifying change in status can be found at www.flexspend.ny.gov or by calling WageWorks customer service at 1-800-358-7202.
2018 and 2019 Productivity Enhancement Program (PEP):
- Employees who earn vacation leave and would like to cash in a portion of that leave for a bi-weekly credit to offset health insurance premium costs may enroll in PEP.
- As previously reported, open enrollment for 2018 PEP closed October 12.
- Open enrollment for 2019 PEP will run from October 15 through November 15.
- Interested employees must remember to enroll twice to participate in both the 2018 and 2019 programs.
- Enrollment Forms may be obtained from the appropriate campus Health Benefits Administrator (HBA) (typically in the Human Resources Department).
2019 Flexible Spending Accounts Open Enrollment through November 9:
- Open enrollment for participation in the Health Care Sending Account (HCSA) and/or the Dependent Care Advantage Account (DCAA) in 2019 has begun.
- Employees who are interested in paying for health care or dependent care expenses on a pre-tax basis in 2019 and/or receiving the DCAA employer contribution for 2019 must enroll before midnight on November 9.
- Information about both HCSA and DCAA and the process for enrollment can be found at www.flexspend.ny.gov or by calling WageWorks customer service at 1-800-358-7202.
Drescher Affirmative Action/Diversity Leave Program:
- Drescher funding is available for Spring 2019.
- Applications for the spring semester are due November 1, 2018.
- Additional information about the Drescher Affirmative Action/Diversity Leave Program can be found at nysuup.lmc.ny.gov/diversity/drescher.html
Individual Development Award (IDA) Program:
- Funding will be available for retroactive IDAs for professional development expenses incurred during the period from April 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
- Campus allocations and timeframes for both the retroactive program and for the current year program (July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019) will be announced soon.
- Additional information about the IDA program can be found at nysuup.lmc.ny.gov/development/individual.html
Please stay tuned for UUP-specific information about the following new programs:
Dependent Scholarship Program
- For children of UUP-represented employees who are enrolled at SUNY state-operated campuses. The UUP Benefit Trust Fund will announce details of the program soon.
- UUP is working with SUNY and the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations to finalize UUP-specific guidelines for use of New York State Paid Family Leave, which will provide partially-paid leave for up to 10 weeks per year beginning January 1, 2019.
- UUP will also provide information about ways the new PFL benefit and other provisions for family leave (use of accruals, unpaid leave, etc.) can be used successively to supplement one another.