United University Professions (UUP), a state-wide local of New York State United Teachers (NYSUT), is the bargaining unit for faculty and professional staff members employed by the State University of New York (SUNY) at all of its campuses and health sciences centers.
Your union not only negotiates the employment contract, but it also studies and recommends improvements to working life, attempts to correct problems, address injustices, and assure that all members receive their guaranteed rights and due process. This is accomplished through political activism, campus programs, and the many benefits available to members.
- Buffalo Center Member Fall Workshop #1Dear Colleagues, I am pleased to announce the first workshop of the Fall semester for members of the UUP Buffalo Center. Topic: Retirement WorkshopSpeaker: Walter Apple – UUP Retiree Members Service Coordinator Date: Tuesday, September 29thTime: Noon – 2 Please RSVP to the following link by Friday, September 25th: https://forms.gle/YN4dMLpgii1pejLPA Once your […]
- Additional COVID Testing ClarificationsDear Colleagues, I was selected as an individual by the university to complete the COVID Testing procedure, and completed it this morning. I would like to share the following additional clarifications with you, should you be selected: The registration form (based out of Syracuse), has additional required information on it […]
- Webinar for Members in Information TechnologyDear UUP Members, UUP invites you to attend a webinar to discuss issues in Information Technology pertaining to campus reopening and other concerns in the COVID-19 context. There will be two (2) webinar sessions to choose from. One (1) will take place on Tuesday, September 29, 2020 from 11:30 AM […]
- Statement Regarding COVID Testing MOADear Colleagues, Recently, UUP has negotiated a Memo of Agreement with regards to COVID Testing for UUP Members. The MOA states that each university should consult with UUP representatives with regards to the implementation of this MOA. The university has failed to do so, prior to sending out notices to our members. Please […]
- COVID Testing Agreement with SUNYColleagues, Please see the following from Statewide President, Mr. Fred Kowal with regards to a recent MOA with SUNY on COVID Testing for UUP membership: Dear Colleagues, I am pleased to inform you that we have reached agreement with SUNY over the terms for mandatory surveillance testing of campus employees. […]